Friday, April 24, 2015

10 Poisonus Plants for Horses

I found this in my email from EQUUS magazine: 10 Poisonous Plants for Horses

With the pastures just starting to green up in our neck of the woods, I thought I would share the same information in case you didn't surf through the EQUUS magazine website (www.equusmagazine.com) No affiliation or promotion.

http://equusmagazine.com/article/poisonousplants_041105-8208?utm_source=EQUUSNL&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter

  1. Bracken Fern
  2. Hemlock
  3. Tansy Ragwort
  4. Johnsongrass/sudan Grass (also known as sorghum)
  5. Locoweed
  6. Oleander
  7. Red Maple Trees
  8. Water Hemlock
  9. Yellow Star Thistle/Russian Knapweed
  10. Yew

The article goes into much  more detail but I thought it a good idea to list the plants anyway. We've been blessed at the Sanctuary to avoid these poisonous plants (knock on wood). I hope your area doesn't have these plants either but if it does, this article does point out ways to irradiate the plants.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment