Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Senior Equine Care Books

In researching senior equine topics to discuss, I thought I would turn to a few books (I know, I'm old fashioned and start with researching in books instead of the Internet). When I realized my first horse was a "senior" equine, I figured I'd better find a good book. I was disappointed with the book that I finally selected so I haven't turned to those pages in years. I've simply done trial and error and word of mouth suggestions for my seniors.

I did a high-level search on amazon.com to see what senior equine care books are available and one of the first in the list was the one in my horse library. I returned to that book and reading through it this time, it's a helpful tool. Perhaps not helpful in the care of senior horses but it is a helpful tool in deciding illnesses. It's based more towards general prognosis of an illness, which is handy for any horse owner.

I would like to start doing  monthly book reviews and pulling out bits of information from each book to discuss.

So what books do you have in your horse library? I am planning on ordering a number of senior equine care books to review so that you don't have to purchase and decide if it was really worth the money. I'm sure most people turn to the Internet and Facebook, but I still find stock in information in books.

No comments:

Post a Comment